The UW-Green Bay Inside News site (news.uwgb.edu) will not be publishing new content from Friday, Dec. 5 through the weekend. This hold is due to a UW-Green Bay server update that will occur over the weekend. When this process is complete, the Inside News site will have a new look, improved security and improved functionality. This update impacts all UW-Green Bay network blog sites.
The migration schedule is as follows:
- Friday, Dec 6 – Content will be exported from current blog sites
- Saturday – Sunday, Dec 7-8 – Teams will work to transfer all of the blog content over to the new environment. This will include updating network information (so that the URLs will point to the new blog locations) and more testing.
- Monday, Dec 9 – The transition should be complete sometime on Monday. It is possible that the process may take until Tuesday, at the latest.
The Marketing and University Communication office and the Information Technology Web Development, Server and Network Administrator teams thank you for your patience.
Join Phoenix Nation by making every Friday a Phoenix Friday! Here’s a few perks:
- Free coffee every Friday at Garden Café, Rosewood Cafe or the coffee cart in Mary Ann Cofrin Hall for those showing their Phoenix spirit by wearing spirit wear.
- Phoenix Friday rotating specials from Chartwells
- $5 Friday lunch at the Cloud Commons for faculty and staff
- Various Phoenix Bookstore specials including a two-day sale, Dec. 10-11; 30percent off t-shirts, sweatshirts and more, in store and online
- A very special Phoenix Friday on Feb. 28—Homecoming Week! (Watch for details).
Check out these weekend events!
- Wind Ensemble/Orchestra & Symphonic Band, Friday, Dec. 6, 7:30 p.m., Weidner Center
- Groovin’ Grounds Series, Friday, Dec. 6, 8 to 9 p.m., University Union Common Grounds
- Kwanzaa, Saturday, Dec. 7, 4:30 to 6 p.m., University Union
- ‘Tis the Season, Saturday, Dec 7, 9 a.m. to noon, University Union
- WBB v. DePaul, Saturday, Dec. 7, 1 p.m., Kress Events Center
Please mark your calendars! The 39th Annual University Leadership Awards program will be held at 5 p.m. (NOTE TIME CHANGE) Friday, Dec. 13 in the University Union Phoenix Rooms, with a dessert reception to follow. All are invited and if you are interested in attending, please RSVP by Monday, December 9 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2019 Recipients — University Leadership Award
Bruna Giovanna De Luca Muraca
Fall 2019 Recipients — Chancellor’s Medallion
UW-Green Bay, Manitowoc Campus Lakeshore Wind Ensemble and Lakeshore Big Band will be performing on Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. at the Capitol Civic Center in downtown Manitowoc.
The Lakeshore Wind Ensemble will feature classical music from Vienna and the Strauss family, including Overture from Fledermaus, Kaiserwaltz, Thunder and Lightning Polka, and Radetzky March. Broadway singer/actress Emily Kosloski will sing music from Die Fledermaus and La Bohème. The Lakeshore Big Band guest conductor Chris Woller will showcase tunes from the Big Band era, including Anything Goes! and Roy Eldridge’s Rockin’ Chair. You’ll be treated to tunes from the Big Band era with movie music and everything in between. Vocalists David Bourgeois and Kim Hofmann will join the band on Somewhere Out There.
Join them at the Capitol Civic Centre for a taste of the wind ensemble and the rockin’ big band! Tickets can be found here.
The Board of Regents December meeting will be webcast this week from UW-Whitewater. Live video streaming is scheduled for the following times:
- Thursday, December 5, from 1:15 p.m. to approximately 2:15 p.m.
- Friday, December 6, from 9:00 a.m. until approximately 11:15 a.m.
The full Board agenda and all supporting materials are available online in PDF format.
Troubleshooting Tips: If you have problems with your computer’s media player, please contact your own technical support staff. If you do not see the most current date on the media streaming webpage, try doing a Reload or Refresh of your web browser.
Follow the Meeting Online: After the meeting concludes, a news summary will be posted to the UW System News page. You can also receive occasional updates from the meeting on Twitter by following @uwsystem or using the hashtag #UWRegents or #AllinWI.
Congratulations to the organizers of the Tiny Earth event at Lambeau Field taking place Friday, Dec. 6. There were more than 500 registrants and 88 poster submissions. Fifteen colleges and universities are represented. The discovery of new antibiotics is the ultimate goal. See more.
Prof. Gaurav Bansal (Cofrin School of Business) was inspired by the campus beauty to submit a photo and poem to the Log this week:
“When the snow below looks like the clouds above
And the clouds above melt into the snow below,
When the snow takes away the green
But the sunshine makes a new UWGB: UW-Golden Bay.”
“The Sheboygan Files & Assorted Mysteries: A Photographic Exhibition by Lennart Larsen,” will be on display in the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, Sheboygan Campus Fine Arts Gallery from Dec. 6, 2019 through Feb. 14, 2020. Lennart Larson is a multimedia artist whose images entice the viewer to investigate the seemingly ordinary and mundane to discover underlying curious mysteries. See more via Curious mysteries coming to Wisconsin-Green Bay Sheboygan campus Fine Arts Gallery | Plymouth Review.
Elaina Koltz may have transitioned from active duty in 2004, but she continues to serve in her position as financial aid advisor and veteran services coordinator at UW-Green Bay. After almost 20 years in the U.S. Army and the Wisconsin National Guard, the transition was difficult, she says, but through her work with student veterans, she realized “how blessed [she is] to still be able to assist our local heroes.” See more via Veterans find a supportive community at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay – Think-Make-Happen In Wisconsin.