Classic Broadway shows, entertaining comedy and eclectic music and dance are among the highlights of the 2013-14 Performing Arts Season lineup at the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts.
The signature University of Wisconsin-Green Bay venue announced its new season July 17 during a special event for patrons, friends and the campus community. Some of the individuals in attendance have participated in the Weidner Center’s Strategic Planning process, which outlines a five-year plan for reinvigorating the venue. Coming on the heels of a successful first year, officials say the 2013-14 season announcement is an exciting milestone in year two of the Weidner’s re-launch.
“Last year’s lineup marked a strong return to the kind of vibrant, diverse programming our audiences want — and this year’s season is even better,” said Weidner Center Executive Director Kate Green. “Thanks to the input of our stakeholders and friends, we’ve developed another fantastic season of shows that we are so excited to share.”
The 2013-14 Performing Arts Season is as follows*:
- An Evening with Kathy Griffin, 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12. Tickets $35-$55.
- The Midtown Men, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11. Tickets $28.50-$61.50.
- Blue Man Group, 7:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 21; Tuesday, Oct. 22 and Wednesday, Oct. 23. Tickets $40.50-73.50.
- Imagination Movers, 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26. Tickets $22.
- Vienna Boys Choir, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16. Tickets $26.25 for adults; $14 for children ages 12 and younger.
- Buddy Valastro: The Cake Boss, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20. Tickets $29.75-$36.75; VIP available.
- Bob Newhart, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23. Tickets $35-$68
- Mannheim Steamroller Christmas, Sunday, Dec. 15. Tickets $55-$77.80; VIP available.
- The Oak Ridge Boys Christmas Show, 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 22. Tickets $29-$47.
- Rock of Ages, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13. Tickets $35-$68.
- Chris Botti, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15. Tickets $39.50-$72.50.
- Aaron Neville, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 20. Tickets $33-$44.
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt, 11 a.m. Saturday, March 1. Tickets $13.
- The Reduced Shakespeare Company: The Complete World of Sports (abridged), 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 13. Tickets $27.50.
- New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players — H.M.S. Pinafore, 8 p.m. Friday, March 14. Tickets $44-$49.50.
- Celtic Woman, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 15. Tickets $39-$59; VIP available.
- ERTH’s Dinosaur Zoo™, 7 p.m., Wednesday, March 19. Tickets $18.50.
- Man of La Mancha, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 2. Tickets $37.25-$70.25.
- The Official Blues Brothers™ Revue, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 5. Tickets $28.50-$44.
- The Intergalactic Nemesis Live-Action Graphic Novel, Book One: Target Earth, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 10. Tickets $32-$38.50.
- Bring It On: The Musical, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 22. Tickets $35-$68.
* Service fees apply for all ticket sales
Tickets are currently on sale via subscription. Patrons need simply to select three or more of the Performing Arts Season events listed above to qualify as a subscriber, buy before the general public, get the best seats and save up to 10 percent on their purchase. Subscription order forms reflect discounted prices. Orders of less than three events will be processed at full price Sept. 6 when single tickets go on sale to the general public.
More information about the Weidner Center, including ticketing info, is available online.