The Lawton Gallery at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay will feature a new exhibit with works by graduating senior art majors Sunday, April 10 to Thursday, April 21.
This is the first of two exhibitions that showcase works by graduating seniors in the Art discipline in the Arts and Visual Design academic unit.
The artists include:
• Kyle Engels: an installation of acrylic ‘skins’ of paint inspired by mountain landscapes
• Kari Hinrichs: a domestic installation with an environmental message comprised of assorted objects made by weaving plastic bags
• Justin Knitt: large-scale color photographs of tattoos
• Anna Kooiman: a series of large oil paintings that explore the artist’s relationship with her fraternal twin
• Matthew John Pickard: a series of German Expressionist inspired woodcuts with experimental Mylar overlays
The opening reception will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 10.
The Lawton Gallery, located inside Theatre Hall on the UW-Green Bay campus, 2420 Nicolet Drive, is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. All events are free and open to the public.
For more information contact curator Stephen Perkins, (920) 465-2916.