UW-Green Bay Theatre and Dance presents ‘Wonder of the World’ Feb. 22-24, Feb. 28-March 3.
GREEN BAY – The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Theatre presents the play Wonder of the World by David Lindsay-Abaire at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 22 to 24 and Feb. 28 to Mar. 3, 2017 in the Jean Weidner Theatre of the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts. The play is recommended for mature audiences.
Nothing will prepare audience members for the dirty little secret Cass discovers in her husband’s sweater drawer. It is so shocking that the heroine has no choice but to flee to the honeymoon capital of the world in a frantic search for the life she thinks she missed out on. It’s a wild ride over Niagara Falls in a barrel of laughs as Cass embarks on a journey of self-discovery.
- Cass: Faith Klick, sophomore from Wild Rose, WI
- Kip: Logan O’Leary, sophomore from Houghton, MI
- Lois: Millie Haushalter, senior from Brillion, WI
- Captain Mike: Chase Grabowski, sophomore from Marinette, WI
- Glen: Alan Kopischke, guest artist from Wauwatosa, WI
- Karla: Andrea Cornett, junior from Green Bay, WI
- Barbara, and Waitresses 1, 2, and 3: Colleen Cline, sophomore from Appleton, WI
- Helicopter Pilot and Dr. Janie: Lorelei Zimmerman, junior from Rosendale, WI
The play will be directed by UW-Green Bay Theatre and Dance Prof. Laura Riddle with scene design by Prof. Jeff Entwistle and costume design by Kaoime Malloy. Student Christyna Nowakowski is stage manager and student Jenevieve Lee is property master. Lecturer Ted Rhyner will be serving as technical director and lighting designer. Sound design will be completed by student Matt Beecher.
Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for senior citizens and UW-Green Bay students in advance. Group rates are available. Tickets can be purchased online at www.weidnercenter.com, online at all Ticket Star locations, including walk-up or by phone at the Union Ticketing and Information Center, on campus: 920-465-2400. The venue opens 90 minutes prior to the performance.