After 25 years, the national organization of Pink Week is ending. Pink Week began in 1993 by Gioia Fonda while attending California School of Arts & Crafts now it is celebrated across the country and in Europe. The UW-Green Bay Art program has participated in Pink Week for 15 years:
- 2003: UW-Green Bay Begins celebrating Pink Week
- 2004: Professor Detweiler is named Pink Week Ambassador of Pink
- 2006: UW-Green Bay named the first ever Pink Week Embassy
This year’s activities will include:
- Art Agency Pink Week Exhibition in 407 Gallery: Stop by the 407 Gallery to honor the end of a beloved tradition. The 407 Gallery is located on the 4th floor of the Studio Arts building and is a designated space where UW-Green Bay students may sign up to exhibit group or solo shows throughout the academic year. Join Art Agency (the student Art Club) & participate in the exhibition! Contact Brianna Fisher (email@example.com) or Sarah Detweiler (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information.
- Public performance/installation by Sarah Detweiler & Kayla Bauer
- Pink Week Retrospective at the Kondos Gallery at the Sacramento City College featuring photographs of Sarah Detweiler.
- Commemorative Pink Week packages will be for sale all proceeds will go to help purchase supplies for the new Art Agency sister org called A2Z (A2 Zine). Prices: Small packages $5 & Large packages $10. If enough money is raised it will also fund an award at the Student Juried show. Supplies are limited, reserve yours today by returning the order form with cash.
For information on the larger movement, see www.pinkweek.org