Congratulations to UW-Green Bay alumna Sarah Beckman ’08 (Social Work), named Young Professional of the Year by Current Young Professionals. Brandon Rohde of LiveTime, LLC was presented the Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. Accepting the award for The Next Generation Best Place to Work award was UW-Green Bay alumnus Todd Jadin ’84 (Business Administration) on behalf of Schneider. The event drew more than 500 attendees to celebrate the accomplishments of these young professionals.
Beckman is employed with Habitat for Humanity. Volunteering is a passion that she holds onto deeply; after she graduated college she volunteered with a nonprofit in Guatemala and currently volunteers for the Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Her goal is to volunteer with a Habitat for Humanity affiliate in every state.
Out of the thousands of young professionals in the Greater Green Bay area, hundreds are nominated and 15 are highlighted to represent their peers. They are selected because they have the potential to lead their communities, their places of work, their families. Three of the 15 are employees of UW-Green Bay and four are UW-Green Bay graduates.
The UW-Green Bay employees:
- Acting Assistant Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Services, Jennifer Jones ’99 (Public Administration)
- Senior Advisor, MultiEthnic Student Affairs (MESA), Mai J. Lo Lee (unable to attend)
- Dietetic Internship Director Laura Rowell
The UW-Green Bay alumni:
- Sarah Beckman ’08, Social Work, Development Director, Greater Green Bay Habitat for Humanity
- Vanya Koepke ’15, Political Science and Public Administration (Alumni Association Board Member), senior carrier sales executive, Schneider National
- Miranda Bonde ’10, Psychology (Alumni Association Board Member), financial planner, Laura Mossakowski, LLC Financial Planning for Women and Their Families
- Jennifer Jones ’99, Public Administration, Acting Assistant Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Services, UW-Green Bay
In the photo: left to right, Miranda Bonde, Laura Rowell, Sarah Beckman, Vanya Koepke and Jennifer Jones. (Unable to attend, Mai Lo Lee). Congratulations to all!
Click thumbnails to enter slideshow view or view the album on Flickr.
– Photo source: Niina Baum, Greater Green Bay Chamber