Learn about the Innovation in Aging Student Idea Competition at a kick-off session on Monday Feb. 5 at 3:30 p.m. or 6 p.m. in the University Union, Room 103. Free pizza! Go to the Facebook group for info on this event and to fill out the registration form to join the competition. Teams will compete in the Innovation in Aging Student Idea Competition on Friday Feb. 23 (Christie Theatre). Encourage your students. There are many reasons to participate:
- Chance to win a $500 top prize, 2nd prize of $250 (or other prizes!)
- Chance to think creatively and solve a real-world problem
- This event is a resume builder!
- Competition is a qualifying event for the Wisconsin Big Idea Tournament (has a $2500 1st place prize and other prizes!)
- Winning teams will be eligible for support to attend the European Innovation Academy (international program in summer 2018)
- Student org incentive: The fve best student org solutions win $100 for their student org
Last year was the first year of the event and nine teams competed and presented innovative solutions to a variety of aging issues. Teams came from a range of disciplines across campus including Human Biology, Psychology, Accounting, Computer Science, Health Communications, Nutrition/Dietetics, Environmental Design and others. Some teams represented student orgs on campus. Questions can be directed to Mads Gjefsen (WiSys rep) at email@example.com.