The traditional mid-year convocation of UW-Green Bay faculty and staff is scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday (Jan. 23) in the University Union’s Phoenix Room. The agenda is as follows:
• Acknowledgment of employees celebrating length-of-service anniversaries
• Presentation of the John P. Blair Endowed Chair in Communication
• Presentation of faculty/staff emeriti plaques
• Remarks by Chancellor Tom Harden
• Complimentary buffet lunch courtesy of the UW-Green Bay Foundation, Inc.
Highlights include presentation of Blair Chair to Prof. Clampitt
Prof. Phillip G. Clampitt of Information and Computing Science will be formally honored at Wednesday’s convocation with presentation of The John. P. Blair Endowed Chair in Communication. Clampitt succeeds retiring colleague Timothy Meyer as the holder of the University’s first fully endowed chair. Chancellor Tom Harden and Provost Julia Wallace will present Clampitt with a ceremonial medallion. We’ll have photos and additional detail about the honor in the next issue of this newsletter.