Already announced campuswide but repeated here for the record: CampusWall, a virtual bulletin board available exclusively to members of the campus community (i.e., anyone with a valid uwgb.edu e-mail address) is newly arrived at UW-Green Bay. Accessible only to UW-Green Bay students, faculty and staff, it’s a place to:
- list items to sell, swap or give away such as books, furniture, tickets, clothing, household items;
- post or seek services like auto repair, creative services or ride-sharing;
- post lost and found items;
- seek or post apartments or houses for rent, or seek roommates;
- post or offer part-time work like babysitting, lawn care, house-sitting, etc. (Please note: On-campus jobs and employer-listed positions and internships should continue to be directed to PRO).
Getting started is easy. Go to www.mycampuswall.com, click on the state of Wisconsin on the map, and select UW-Green Bay to start setting up your account.
Advantages? Campus-specific… no personals… better security
CampusWall offers a campus-contained marketplace where members of a college or university community can buy, sell, swap and share goods and services. The concept is hardly new — think Craigslist without the personals. However, CampusWall offers the following advantages:
Safety: Curb the need for students to meet strangers or leave campus by offering a forum to procure goods and services from peers; a valid .edu email is required to register for a school site.
Savings: Allow students to cost-effectively obtain and offer student-specific items and share services such as rides, tutoring, etc.; users can also set up a “wish list” and be notified by email when an ad meeting their criteria is posted.
Sustainability: Support college sustainability efforts and promote a greener campus environment by eliminating the last minute discarding of items at the end of school terms.
Sharing: Allow students and staff to conveniently engage in an on-campus marketplace utilizing online and mobile technology.