Caution: this project is only for the young, and the young of heart. In celebration of the first day of December, your friendly UW-Green Bay marketing and communication team brings you a printable paper craft download that combines Phoenix spirit and the spirit of the holiday season.
Follow these simple steps:
- Download and print the Phoenix Snowflake template.
- Fold along the gray lines.
- Fold first in quarters, then in thirds, keeping the phoenix pattern facing up.
- Burnish the edges of each crease.
- Cut away the gray areas.
- Use a sharp scissors.
- Don’t bother to cut out the circle. The extra paper will give you something to hold onto.
- Cut the detailed areas at the center first. The facets of the snowflake become increasingly less secure with each cut. It will be easiest to do the tiny detailed areas first.
- Pinch the folded paper tightly, to prevent it from moving. It may help to use a clamp-style paperclip to hold it securely.
- Proudly display your Phoenix allegiance and snowflake-cutting prowess for all to enjoy!